Bonner Scholars Program
Get real leadership and work experience, while serving the community and changing the world for the better!
The Bonner Scholars Program is a four-year scholarship program that supports a strong team of students working to bring about positive community change through service, research, and action. All 20 participants in NDMU's Bonner Scholars program come together for weekly peer meetings and skill development, covering topics such as time management, conflict resolution, poverty reduction, and education reform.
- Volunteer with a non-profit community partner for eight to ten hours per week for four years
- Begin their service by learning about the partner's strengths and needs, then gradually increase their responsibility by taking on leadership of programs, research projects, volunteer recruitment and training, and other efforts that increase the capacity of the community partner
- Align their service projects with their academic and career goals so that they graduate with the skills, knowledge and experience needed for graduate school or a career in their area of interest
- Can be any major
- Resident students with Pell eligibility are qualified. Please submit application by June 13, 2016.
- Students volunteer for 300 hours a year (150 hours per semester).
- Students are paid $10/h for the first 170 hours and $6000 are awarded towards housing cost.
Bonner Program Requirements
All Bonner students are required to do the following:
- Commitment to eight or more hours of community service per week with a local non-profit community partner
- Commitment to two hours of personal, professional and/or leadership training per week
- Minimum 2.5 GPA each semester
- Attend orientation and all Bonner events
Application and Timeline
- Applications will be due on June 13, 2016, at 11:59 p.m. EST.
- Students will be notified and interviewed on Orientation day (June 16, 2016).
- In-person interviews are conducted by current Bonner Leaders. Finalists who are unable to attend the in-person interviews will be able to interview via Skype or phone.