Institutional Effectiveness at NDMU results from University-wide efforts to collect, analyze, and use data for the planning, implementation, and assessment of strategic goals to reflect on its past and commit to its future.
The following areas play a significant role in our ability to effectively utilize data, improve decision-making, and ultimately enhance student learning outcomes across the University:
The Strategic Plan
Inspired by Tradition: the Path to Transformation
The NDMU strategic plan (2015-2020) is integral to Notre Dame’s ongoing success. The plan is the product of a focused ten-month process to shape a plan to guide the University over the next five years.
The proposed plan seeks to promote the University’s Catholic identity, advance transformative education, create distinctive learning and living experiences, ensure institutional effectiveness, expand local and global partnerships, and continue to promote the University’s work in the advancement of women.
Accreditation at NDMU
- Notre Dame of Maryland University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
- The School of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
- The School of Nursing is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
- The School of Pharmacy is accredited through the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education.
- Degree and certificate programs across the University are approved by the Maryland Higher Education Commission (MHEC).
The office of institutional research serves as an official data analysis source on campus.
The office provides information and analysis services to support planning, decision-making, accreditation, grant applications, student success and retention, and assessment at a variety of organizational levels while maintaining reporting requirements for government agencies and other external organizations.
Assessment of student learning, an important component of our teaching and learning activities, is a process that encourages creative thought and change as we continually look to improve the student experience at Notre Dame.
Guided by a robust and comprehensive process, assessment at NDMU is an on-going activity that constantly engages faculty and staff in the question of how we can continually review, analyze, and achieve our goals.